By acquiring properties, promoting their repair and refurbishment, and subsequently in most cases selling them on, the Trust has been able to promote the rehabilitation of many of Berwick's most outstanding and historic buildings. It acquired its first property Nos 12 & 13 Quay Walls – in 1972, and with assistance from the Borough Council and the Historic Buildings Council restored these important buildings, dating from 1825 and occupying a prominent position on the Quay Walls, to their former glory. Since then a further 10 projects carried out by the Trust have resulted in the restoration of No. 5 Quay Walls (1975-76), The Lion House (1976-77), No. 30 Ravensdowne (1977-79), No.25 Palace Street (1982), No.3 Quay Walls (1986-88), Nos. 41 & 42 Bridge Street (1989-91), Shoe Lane (1993-94), the Quayside Lookout (1997-98), Lowry's Seat (2001) and The Lowry Trail (2003).
Current projects being pursued by the Trust include the Dewar's Lane
Granary, the Palace Green Pavilion, and the Bankhill Icehouse.